I have had a very difficult time trying to decide what I wanted to write about. I have of course been thinking a lot about my Mom's life. My Mother has always inspired me to want to be better. I finally decided that my Mom's life is my inspiration for my new years resolutions for this year.
Resolutions:
- Retain and gain a stronger testimony of Jesus Christ. Even during her most confusing times my mother was able to bear a strong testimony of Jesus Christ. The last time she bore her testimony in church she was a bit confused. The Lord was with her. While she was bearing pure testimony she was clear and focused. Whenever her wanted to say something that was not pure testimony the Lord was there and would cause her to forget what she was saying. I knew without a doubt that the Lord loved my 93 year old mother and that he accepted her testimony. I want a testimony that will be that strong even if my mind isn't strong.
- I want to be a better member missionary. My mother always said that she was uneasy around a group of people and no conversationalist. That's me. I have to force myself to talk when I am around people. I wish I were more like my Dad or my brothers. I am going to start in my own ward. Velma Dart says hello to everyone she sees at church. I can start there. All of my visiting teaching ladies are inactive. There is a second place I can work by making sure that I get my visiting teaching done and done early. Mom always said to make sure you go before the last week because then the sisters know you are only going because of numbers and not because of them.
- I want to work on my genealogy. Mom worked on her genealogy right up to the last. She was always encouraging us to do our genealogy. As my sister and I have talked about genealogy, we have had the feeling that after our Father passed away my sister was able to find more family names. Now with Mother on the other side of the veil she will be helping Dad and we will be able to keep finding more names.
- I want to make sure that I keep going to the temple regularly. I need to go at least once a week. The temple is the one place that I find peace and comfort. Mom really wanted to go the the temple but could not during these last months of her life but she did make sure that she had her temple recommend.
- Mom, you have always been my greatest example. May I always be a good example for my children and my grandchildren. This year I will work on being a better mother and grandmother. I love my family and hope they know how much I enjoy them.
Happy New Year!



2 comments:
I already see so much of the good in Grandma living in YOU.
Mary, you are a wonderful mother, grandmother, aunt and sister.
The way you and my mom handled everything surrounding the passing of Grandma was really wonderful to see. Thanks for being a good sister to my mom.
I hope you are finding comfort during this time.
Love you.
I try to set resolutions, but can't keep it going! Hope you have better luck than me!
Post a Comment