This has been a wonderful mother's day. These past few years I have been trying hard not to let Mother's day leave me with a major guilt trip.
Over the years I have had a very difficult time dealing with Mother's Day. I have always hated having someone get up and tell about how wonderfully perfect their mother was. In the back of my mind I knew they were not perfect but I would run a mental checklist and see that I fell short in so many ways. I guess that my own mother helped set my thinking straight.
First she would say, "I loved my mother, I knew she was not perfect and that is why I loved her." I knew my own mother was not perfect and I still loved her. So that gave me hope that while my own kids would know all my faults, perhaps they would love me anyway. Well they let the grandchildren associate with me so I would say that they still love me in spite of myself. Thank you kids!
The next thing my own mother taught me was a love for nature. Now nature is definitely not perfect and yet it has great beauty. I love the sunrise, the birds that sing early in the morning, the fall colors, a sunset, flowers, rocks, the view of the mountains and so many more things that my mother helped teach me to love. Well if I can enjoy the beauty in something as imperfect as nature then there is hope for me too.
Now the last thing I am grateful that my mother taught me was the importance of my Savior. She did her best teaching me those things I would need to know to return to my Father in Heaven. I am grateful that I have a testimony of the importance of the Savior in my life. I am grateful that I want to return to my heavenly home.
So thanks Mom for everything! I love you!
4 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment