Khloe has called me to repentance. And it is a good thing she did. I didn't realize how important the grand children's journals are until a couple of the grand kids were looking through their journals. Even then I didn't have everything figured out. Until Khloe started looking for HER journal. No journal! As a matter of fact Chrislyn, Macy, and Jacob had nothing and Sami's was missing. So I got busy and started a journal for Khloe right there on the spot! She was so excited when she saw her journal. She started carrying it around and saying she was reading her journal and that Grandma was going to read it to her later.
For her front cover I found a picture of her rubbing David's head. She was so excited to see the picture. She said, "Oh, David! I love David's head."
I now have a journal for EVERY grandchild with at least ONE entry. Thanks Khloe for helping me get on the ball. I love you lots :) Now for staying on the ball. The darn thing keeps rolling and you know how that goes! At any rate I am thankful to see 19 beautiful grand kid names on my bookshelf.
4 months ago



2 comments:
Mary, please tell me more about the grandkid journals. What do you keep track of for them in there? How do you update them, etc.? I would love to know more, sounds like a great idea. :)
Mostly they have pictures that the kids have sent or I have taken. Sometimes there are journal entries of things they have done while they were at my house. Sometimes the kids make little drawings while they are at my place and I put them in. Once Kortney cut her hair while she was at my house so I put her hair on a page. I always use sheet protectors. That way pages don't get torn out as kids look at the books. I will give them their books when they get married.
Post a Comment