I've been doing a lot of thinking again. Dad says it always costs him money when I think, but not this time. This time my thinking has brought me a tender mercy.
I have been thinking about 2 Nephi 25:26. I like the part that says "...and we write according to our prophecies, that our children my know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."
I have been writing about some of the things I have learned as I read the scriptures or as I listen to a church talk. I don't always write. I know I should but I don't always think what I have learned is important.
I was listening to one of the Book of Mormon round table discussions. They were talking about why it was important for Lehi to have the Brass Plates with him when they left Jerusalem. One quoted Mosiah 1:4. "For it were not possible that our father, Lehi, could have remembered all these things, to have taught them to his children, except it were for the help of these plates...."
All of a sudden I realized there was another important reason for me to write about the things I learn. It is for me. I often go back to something that I have written about and remember the feelings I had or the lesson I learned and haven't thought of again. It is hard to teach our children about the important things in life without a reminder close by. We could not possibly remember all the things we have learned without our own writings. I will try to be better at writing just so I can remember.



No comments:
Post a Comment