Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Australia was Great!


We made it back with lots of wonderful experiences.  I don't know what was the best day but it was probably the day we went to the Sydney Temple.  The temple is located in Carlingford which is a suburb northwest of Sydney.  The train ride took a little longer than expected because we did not realize the spur that runs toward Carlingford only makes a round trip once each hour.  After we got off the train we had another 15 min. walk.  Rounding the corner and seeing the temple is well worth the trip.  We enjoyed the quiet beauty of the Lord's house.  We enjoyed the peace brought on by doing the Lord's work.  We had a great day.


Other great experiences would be riding the train, riding the ferries,and  seeing the many museums.  As we walked around the museums I kept thinking about how much the children would love to see the things I was seeing.  We saw a war memorial, animal skeletons, fish of all kinds in an aquarium, all kinds of animals at the zoo, the Sydney harbour bridge, the opera house, and a market where you could buy anything you wanted.  (Except books--David looked all over for books.)   We just had fun!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I want to see the pictures!!!