I had so much fun yesterday. I decided that I would try playing my guitar and singing for the residents at Parkside Manor. They have about 16 ladies living there. I took my Mom with me because Newell and Burnell were working on replacing Mom's bathroom floor. With not water in the house Mom needed something to do.
Back to Parkside Manor. I thought it would be a safe place to try out my guitar playing skills. (Or is the skill-less?) I sang and played for about half an hour. Then I gave each of the ladies a Valentine. I gave them each a red rose and a little sack of Valentine candy. One lady looked absolutely shocked to think that someone would give her anything. I knew several of the ladies there. I think Mom enjoyed her visit there too.
The ladies wanted me to stay longer but I knew my voice would not make it much longer. I decided to learn some more songs and go back next month. I just have to set up the day to go.
I kept Mom at my house until her bathroom was almost finished. They were just finishing up the sink. It looked nice to have a solid floor and new floor covering in the bathroom.
Then Dad took me to the stake Valentine dinner and dance. The lady that did the decorations went all out. We walked into the stake center and it looked like Paris. One wall was the skyline of Paris. Another wall was a sidewalk cafe. She had even made street lamps out of PVC pipe that she had painted black. She even had a couple of gargoyles on the stage. Need I say that I was very impressed. I would also hate to be on the decorating committee next year. How would you ever keep up with that? There was a huge crowd. They had to put up at least 4 more long tables. It was an enjoyable evening.
Dad even gave me red roses, a box of candy, and a card. Pretty sweet! It was one fantastic day!



1 comment:
Sounds like a "LOVE"ly day!
Love to you Aunt Mary.
Post a Comment