Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bitten by a BUG!

It is now official. I have been bitten by a bug. I went to a staff development meeting for Akela's Counsel at camp Maple Dall out by Payson. We stayed in the WW Clyde Lodge. We worked all evening Friday and all day Saturday planning for Akela's Counsel that will be held in August. As I was traveling home Saturday evening I realized that I had been bitten. That little bug had embedded itself deep in my skin. AND... I think it is deep in my skin to stay. The bug is a tiny bug known as the cub scout spirit bug. I know, I know, most of my family already thought I was a bit buggy for cub scouts. But as I think about the things I learned at our meeting this weekend I began to realize that the cub scout spirit is so deep that it has sunk all the way to my heart. I think if I get cut this summer I might bleed blue and gold. (And thank you Carolyn for planning the blessing of your new little baby around AC. I WILL be there to take care of your kids when you have your baby. Even blue and gold can't keep me away.)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh no! To think we though it was bad before. ;) Love ya Mom.