Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A great weekend!

Carolyn came to visit for the long weekend. Of course on Saturday we had a blizzard of a snow storm. We got about 4 inches on top of the snow that has not melted due to our cold weather. Joe and I went to the temple on Saturday. My sister and all 3 brothers were in the temple that day. We had a great time doing names that my sister had found. As we left the temple the weather was wonderful. We went into WalMart and when we came out the weather had completely changed. The temperature dropped and it began to snow. Driving home from Vernal the snow was so bad that we could only drive 30-40 MPH. So of course I complained. People were sliding off the road. I found out that my brother Reed and his wife were one of the many that slid off the road that day. It was wonderful to get home.

Now for a commercial break:
I am grateful for Joe's football days. I think it payed off. He still knows how to handle a football. I am grateful for Joe's weak ankles. It has taught him how to fall. I am grateful for the cold weather we have been having that has kept our snow from melting. As much as I have complained about this last snowstorm I have to say that I am grateful for snow. It gave Joe a soft...no that is "softer" spot to land.

Now for the rest of the story.

We had a great visit with Carolyn and her kids. Then on Monday they had to return home. Joe and I were helping the kids get to the car. Joe was caring Chrislyn to the car. As he came down the porch steps something happened that caused him to miss a step. He juggled Chrislyn in his hands like a football player trying to keep hold of his football. As he got to the edge of the sidewalk he twisted his body so that he could land on his back and not on top of Chrislyn. Joe landed in the snow, on his back, with Chrislyn on his chest. Chrislyn was scared but unhurt. Joe did hit one pave stone but mostly the snow cushioned his fall. He did make a rather nice snow angel in the snow.

So I am grateful for weak ankles, football, cold weather, and snow.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I am grateful for all those things too! Take care of yourself Dad! We love you!