Wednesday, December 21, 2011

First Day of Christmas Break

First day of Christmas break, it is 1:45 in the morning and I can't sleep. Rats! My mind can't stop thinking about school. Pulled a muscle and can't sleep on my left side. Feel a headache coming on. Have more things to do during Christmas break than I have days to do them in. And I want to sit around and whine so I guess it is time for me to man up, get back in the saddle and do what needs to be done! I will go take something for the headache, which should help the pulled muscle, and make a list of what has to be done, what I would like to do, and then decide what I will do.

Now for something pleasant that you would rather read about than me whining. Ioka ward put together a Christmas concert and invited Myton 2nd ward to participate. The concert was last Sunday evening. Sister Ady did a fabulous job. Our ward does not have a choir and I miss that. It was nice to be able to sing with the Ioka ward. I find myself still singing the songs. The music has had a very calming effect on my soul.

On Monday we took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades on a field trip. We had collected food all month long and then we took it to the Food Pantry. Our school collected 662 lbs of food. After the Pantry we went to the Villa and then Parkside Manor and sung Christmas carols to the residents. That was very rewarding. The 3rd grade was so cute. I asked them if they would like to meet Mrs. Jones' mother. Then I introduced them to her. When I told them she was 100 years old they were in awe. Actually she will be 101 next month. I am in awe too.

On Tuesday we had our school's Christmas program. We had a couple of teenage boys playing their guitars for us while the kids sang. The boys did an excellent job of playing considering that we have never practiced with them. However, I was definitely sitting in the wrong spot. I was right next to a speaker and all I could hear was the guitar. I could not hear the kids sing at all. I hope it sounded better for the audience. Donna did a good job of teaching them in the short time that she had.

Maybe I can go get some sleep now.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I know I am a few weeks late commenting on this post but I wanted to let you know I have been thinking about you. We love you. Thank you for being my mom.