Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blessings

Blessings come in strange packages. Sometimes those packages don't look like blessings when you first pick them up. Then you realize what great blessings you have.

Melanie was due to have her baby and I planned on taking her to Logan on Thursday to have it. Her Dr. changed our minds. He told her to come in on Tuesday to have him. I had already taken Thursday and Friday off from work and she still needed some help. She had made appointments for Well Child Care visits for two of her girls. I needed to pick her girls up from Aunt Sabrina's house and take them to their doctor visit in Logan. At the last minute I asked David to go with me. (Good choice let me tell you.)

The weather forecast called for rain and some snow showers in northern Utah. (Blessing #1: I only hit rain and the roads were in good shape.)

Les sent me a map to Aunt Sabrina's house. David read the map and I drove. We drove there with no problems except we missed her house when we got to the right street. (Blessing #2: David recognized the snow biz machine parked in Sabrina's driveway. He had gotten a snow cone from her at Governor's Day.)

Aunt Sabrina gave the kids some traveling treats and off we went. 5 minutes into the trip they wanted a treat. (Blessing #3: David was there to open the treats so that I didn't have to stop to do it.)

We made it to Logan with time to spare. We turned on the wrong road to get to the hospital but managed to find it anyway. We parked in the parking lot but couldn't get Les on the phone to see where we should be but the girls needed to go to the bathroom so we walked around the building to find an entrance and low and behold..... (Blessing #4: There on the side of the building it announced that we were in the right part of the building. Les found us a few minutes after the girls had used the restroom.)

Les took the girls while David and I went up to see Melanie and meet Jacob Martin Mounteer. (Blessing #5: Jacob is beautiful and Melanie is doing well.)

After the girls' doctor visit, it was decided that I would drive the girls back to my house. I had thought of getting a hotel because I do not deal will with driving long distances but the girls all have "Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease." I did not think it would be wise to do that to the hotel. So unhappily I knew I would be turning around and driving right back home. (Blessing #6: The girls fell asleep outside of Logan and slept all the way home and we made it home with out any problems. Thanks again to David for doing some of the driving.)

Now for the problem of keeping Jacob & Melanie away from the girls until they clear up. Not an easy thing on Melanie who wants to love and hug her girls. Not easy on little girls who want to be loved and hugged. (Blessing #7: The girls have shown great patience. They try so hard to stay away from Jacob and Mom. They have allowed Grandma or Grandpa to comfort them. What a blessing to have them in our home.)

I am sure there are more blessings to come.

No comments: