Saturday, December 13, 2008

Beware of Christmas Day

As I sit here in my new pink long johns, I think of two things.
1. Our High Priest Christmas dinner & program.
2. How grateful I am that there were no pictures!

Have I got you wondering what pink long johns have to do with a High Priest party?

Well first of all it was the funniest (lol) party I have ever been too. We had some of the best food ever prepared. Dallas Murray was in charge of the food so it was extra good. All of my brothers and my mother were at the party. We sat by a new couple in our ward and he hardly got to eat because we had so many questions for him. It was interesting dinner conversation.

Then we had a program. Lynn Winterton played his accordion. (He is very good.) Then, dressed to the hilt, Marilyn Monroe and her sister, Norma Jeane, came and sang "Santa Baby." Which lady was Marilyn and which was the sister? Does it really matter? There was cowboy poetry. (Cleaned up of course.) Last of all, a group of sisters (yes, me included) came out in disguise. We had sunglasses, hats, and long trench coats, covering our pink long johns. So this part of the picture is not too bad. The part I am glad there were no pictures of came when we threw our disguises away. Five ladies standing around in pink long johns is not a picture you would want floating around the ward. Read the song and to see what we were.


Beware at Christmas
Words: J. Paul Williams

My father warned me: my mother warned me, too.
They told me to watch my step in everything I do:
Before you cross the street, be sure to look both ways.
But most of all, they said, beware, beware at Christmas day.

You know, my father warned me: my mother warned me too.
They told me to lose some weight, why, I never knew.
They hid me in November, and then they ran away.
The words they said I still re-call, Beware at Christmas Day.

Christmas Day, Christmas Day, time of joy and cheer.
Santa Claus is coming; it’s that time of year.
Everyone gets presents and says how great they feel,
But Mom and Dad they warned me, Leave before the meal.

You know, my father warned me, my mother warned me, too.
They told me not to celebrate like most people do.
The bought me a costume, but I threw it away.
I’m just a turkey gobbler, why be scared at Christmas Day?

Christmas Day, Christmas Day, time of joy and cheer.
Santa Claus is coming; it’s that time of year.
Everyone gets presents and says how great they feel,
But Mom and Dad they warned me,
Leave before the meal
Mom and Dad they warned me, Leave before the meal.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I am sure you were one good looking plucked turkey! Glad you had fun. I would love to see a picture of Dad's face when he saw you in the pink long johns...

Mar~ said...

This is funny! I can't believe you did that, what a hoot!

You are the greatest, I wish there were pictures!