A bit out of focus and cut out of the picture, but I have added a couple of animals to my willow tree nativity. I found a beautiful giraffe in Ace. Then I added the turtles that came from Tonga when Mom and Dad were on their mission there. I figure animals all over the world would pay tribute to the Christ child. I still have one more part of this set to buy. I need to get the part called the stable animals so that I can have a camel. It is kind of crazy to put the camel with the stable animals but those that sell know how to get those that buy to pay out more money.

My oldest nativity is ceramic. I made it shortly after Joe and I got married. It has been in the family for a very long time. I have always loved it.

I love my olive wood nativity. I got a good deal on it because it was missing the Christ child. Who would want a nativity without a baby? Well I carved my own baby. After Christmas I got a call from the store and someone had bought a nativity that ended up with two babies. They brought one back in and I got it.

My newest nativity came tonight. I wanted one that the Grandchildren could play with and not have to worry about breaking. Fisher Price had just what I wanted. It has the wise men, the inn at Bethlehem and the stable. Now I just need some grandchildren to come over to play. I think it would be fun to tell the Christmas story using this set.
Only two rules.
1. All the pieces stay in the living room.
2 comments:
They all look good. I guess it is time for me to even start decorating for Christmas. Now that my final is over and I have more time.
I love nativities. They are my favorite Christmas decoration...along with the tree.
Post a Comment