My heart aches in the most difficult way. A dear friend lost her son last night when he decided he could no longer cope with the ugly parts of this old world.
It is hard for me because I love this world. I love my life. I love my family. I even love my job. I was coming home from the temple tonight and I saw some of the most beautiful flowers out on the flats between Vernal and Roosevelt. I loved them. They reminded me that as a child this was the time of year I would go out and pick wild flowers for my mother. This morning as I woke up I heard some birds singing outside my window and I thought of how my mother loved birds.
When I heard the news of this young mans death, I cried. He could not see the beauty in a flower or hear the sweetness of a bird's song. He could only see and hear the ugly parts of our world. The bullying, the teasing, the anger, and the hate. I know there has to be opposition in all things but this has been hard. I wish I had the secret formula for stopping the hate, the envy, the strife. Oh, I do have the secret formula. It is called the gospel of Jesus Christ. So how do we get our youth that are struggling to see the blessings that can fill their lives with richness?
4 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment