As I watched the sun light a new day I was reminded of something I am most grateful for. My mother believed in arising early--before the sun came up. She always seemed to have a good share of her day's work done before it was light enough to see. Then she always seemed to pause to watch the sun come up. She would say that there is nothing better than watching a sunrise. Then at night she would watch the sunset and say there was nothing better than a sunset because you know your work was done.
After I got married I would watch the sunrise and know that my mother was watching that same sun rising to light her day. I felt grateful knowing that we were both watching a new day begin. As I watched the sun set I would know that where ever my mother was she was watching that same sun set too. There is such beauty in nature.
This morning as I watched the sun fill my living room with light, I wondered about my mom. I wondered what beauties in nature she is enjoying now. Does she get to watch the sun rise and set? Does she still listen to the birds sing? Does she watch the flowers bloom? Are there other sights in heaven that are even more beautiful than the ones here on earth? I love you mom. Thanks for teaching me about the beauties of nature.
4 months ago



2 comments:
Knowing grandma she will find a way to see beautiful sun rises and sunsets. She will find birds to listen to and flowers to take care of. Heaven wouldn't be heaven without them. I miss her so much. If i mention Grandma or look at pictures of her Emma will tell me, "That is Great Nana Richens. She just died and she was put in the ground." I tell her, "Yes her body is in the ground but her spirit is with Heavenly Father." I don't know how to tell her that it wasn't as recent as she seems to think.
I love this.
I'm thankful to read your words. I love that you too take time for the beauties of this world.
Grandma was such a wonderful teacher, wasn't she? Standing next to her for just a few minutes in a field or by a stream taught me more about beauty and filled me with a reverence for nature than anything else.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
(if you are ever brave enough to give me permission to share them on my blog, I would love to share at least a portion of your words, they are so touching.)
Post a Comment