Saturday, January 26, 2008

I had such a trip this fall

Getting older and falling do not go well together.  On Friday at school as I was on morning recess duty, I slipped on some ice and fell flat on my face.  My first concern was rather or not I had broken my glasses.  Luckily they were not broken.  I realized I was fine and nothing seemed to hurt at all.  Then I noticed that my nose seemed to be running.    It was running blood.  I walked back to the school and realized that there were tears streaming down my face.  I thought I must have really jarred myself to make tears come out of my eyes.  I still didn't feel like anything was hurting.  When I got back into the school my brain must have told my body that because there were tears coming out of my eyes then I must be crying and I began to feel like sobbing.  The teacher across the hall saw me and asked what had happened.  When I told her about falling she said she would take my class while I went and cleaned up.  I was able to get cleaned up and back to my class in just a few minutes.  I didn't feel to bad.  Just a slight headache and a sore nose.  However as the day wore on I realized that I was hurt a little more than I thought.  My neck was sore then by the end of the day my shoulder was sore.  


By evening I was sore all over.  I didn't know how I was going to sleep.  As I knelt to say my prayers I asked for help sleeping through the night.  The Lord answered my prayer instantly.  The thought came to my mind to go and take a pain pill.  I did and was able to sleep through the night.  

I thought of the covenants we make with our Heavenly Father.  The Lord promises us that if we will draw near to Him, He will draw near to us.  Prayer is a great way to draw nearer to our Father in Heaven.  God is already willing to grant us many blessing but we must ask for them.  Blessing require that we put forth effort to obtain them.  

2 comments:

The Perkins Family said...

Ice can be nasty stuff. I fell on the ice the first year I was up here and landed in the ER. I'm glad you are okay and nothing is broken or permenatly damaged.

Jen said...

I hope you are okay. I hate to hear that anyone gets hurt. Love Jen