Sunday, February 3, 2008

I hope an old dog can learn new tricks














This has been such a wonderful and sad weekend. President Gordon B Hinckley's funeral was on Saturday. It looked like it was going to be a stormy day but the sun shone brightly to say goodbye to President Hinckley.

I have really enjoyed listening to all the stories about President Hinckley. He has a great way of telling us we are doing a good job now we just need to do that job a little better. He always left me feeling like I wasn't too old to learn something new. President Hinckley was always trying to be a better person. If he could so can I.

I will always be grateful for the influence President Hinckley has had on my life. I will miss hearing his humor in conference. I will miss seeing him wave his cane and his hanky. I will miss hearing his words. And with all of that the church is still true. Isn't it wonderful that we do not have to wait for the smoke to rise from the chimney to learn who our next prophet will be? I love this church and this gospel.

President Hinckley, may heaven smile upon you until we meet again.


1 comment:

Melanie said...

I have always believed that if you desire to learn it does not matter how old you are. Take Grandma for example. When I tell people that my 91 year old grandma emails me their jaw drops. She had a desire to learn. Because of that desire she can do what very few people her age can do.
I want you to know that I love you. You are a wonderful example. You have blessed my life so much. I am grateful that I had you for my mother and I am also grateful that you married dad so he could be my dad. I hope the two of you are doing well. Love ya.