
We had quite the little avalanche in Myton this week. We had gotten that foot of snow last week and it was melting this week. The snow slid off the roof of the school and landed on the sidewalk in front of the door. At the high point it was about 5 feet but in front of the door it went from about 4 feet to 3 feet by the wall. Camille Moon had just walked in the door when she heard a loud rumble. She turned around in time to see the snow fall to the sidewalk. We were pretty lucky that the snow fell to the ground when all the kids were in class and that no one was under the snow. After school we would not let anyone go out that door. I was on bus duty and had two little kids that tried to go in the door and gave me some pretty dirty looks when I would not let them go in. The first grader said "Our teacher lets us go in this door." They couldn't see any danger in walking over the snow. Of course they didn't know that there was still more snow on the roof that had not come down yet.
You know sometimes I am that way with the Lord. He tells me what I should be doing and I can't see the danger in not doing what he says I should. For example: Read my scriptures. What is the harm in missing just one night? Or say my prayers: What is the danger in just missing one time? I don't always see the avalanche that could fall at anytime. The Lord says there will be trials.
"And now, my sons (& daughters), remember, remember, it is upon the rock of our redeemer, who is Chirst, the son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." Helaman 5:12
So why do I need to pray and study my scriptures every day? So that I can be built upon that rock. That sure foundation. The storms will come. The Lord can see what I cannot see.
1 comment:
She was lucky it didn't come down just a few seconds earlier. She would have ended up underneath it instead.
Post a Comment