This has to has been one hectic week! I haven't had one night that hasn't been late between school, class homework and church work.
I am taking a computer class through the district and on Monday I had a sub while I went to class. My class is great but I have a huge assignment that will be due soon. I have been working on it like crazy but when I tried to print out my lesson plans from my laptop, I couldn't do it because my computer only showed printers from East Elementary. No problem move the lesson plans to my desktop and print from there. No such luck. It just keeps searching for the printer and never prints. Well I went back to the laptop and after much searching found 5 printers from ConAmore. Odly enough one teacher had three printers with her name on them. Because her classroom is in our school until the new ConAmore school is finished I decied to try printing to all three printers. I found that Myon's printer, it's named Sylvia Butterfield. I hope she doesn't take it with her when she moves into the new school.
After school on Monday I had to meet with our school's reading coach. Every time I meet with her she wants me to do twenty new things. Not that the new things she wants me to do are bad. They are usually good but it takes hours to prepare for. She wants me to try a new program for my lower students. It really sounds good. It is called "Read Naturally" It looks good but I have spent everyday after school trying to get everything ready and still need to work on it on Monday.
Tuesday Dad and I had to get some food ready for the Cub Scout Blue and Gold banquet. Dad is the Cub Master. I kept worring that there would not be enough food for everyone. Dad got the sweet and sour chicken ready and I made a jello.
Wednesday was the Blue and Gold banquet. I knew Dad would not get off work in time to help set up tables so I was going to do that. In a way we were lucky. There was a funeral and we did not have to set up the tables. So all I had to do was help decorate, make rice, get the sweet and sour chicken and the jello to the church. I had prayed that we would have enough food to feed everyone. I think the Lord heard my prayers and multiplied our rice. We could have fed 50 more people. The only thing we didn't have left over, was the rolls. After the meal I did dishes. It started to snow just before we went home. It snowed all night long.
When I went outside at 5:30 Thursday morning there was 10 inches of snow. By the time I went to school at 6:30 there was 11 inches of snow. By the time the first bus got to school there was 12 inches of snow. No, they did not cancel school. I only had 10 students when school started. Because it was Valentine's Day and parents do not like their children to miss any parties, I had all but two children by 10AM.
We did have a cool Valentine's party. We made string art. I didn't know how well my students would do. We worked on our project all the way through math. When the bell rang for recess the kids did not want to go outside. We just kept working on the art. I actually only had two students that finished but several were nearly done. It was a hard project but luckly I had several parents that were able to come in and help. I only had a slight headache by the end of the day.
Friday I had a headache that would not end. I went home after school feeling quite sick.
Saturday I finally got to clean house and finish up the details on my Relief Society lesson for Sunday. Our stake also had their anual Valentine dinner and dance. Dad and I went to that. We had to stay and help put up tables and chairs after the dinner. It was a good meal and cleanup went fast. We were able to be home by 9:30.
OK so I sound like a big crybaby. Well I only cried once and that was Friday night. My head hurt so bad that tears were coming out of my right eye.
Looking back on my week I can see the Lord was with me. I got everything done this week that had to be done during the week. Yes I still have a mountain of homework to do for my computer class. Yes I still have to get things ready for my reading groups. But the Lord showed me tender mercy by allowing me to see a light at the end of my tunnel. I am so grateful that I had started studing my Relief Society lesson a month ago. I hardly had time to do anything this week. My lesson is ready. I feel good about it. It is another tender mercy.
4 months ago



1 comment:
Your week has been pretty busy. I know what that is like. Les and Emma were both sick this week. On top of that Jana was sick so I had Tyler for most of the day on Wednesday. That was the night that I made Les his Valentine's Day dinner. Les also had appointments on Tuesday and Thursday. One in SL and the other in Ogden. I ended up sick at the end of the week. So much to do so little time to do it in.
Post a Comment