Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Vacation Day 3


Accomplished my last goal. We made it to Mesa Verde today. The driving took forever because of road construction. We had a great time looking at all the ruins. I had no idea how many ruins were there. It was an experience worth going to and checking out. I was amazed at the number of people that were living there at one time. It is unbelievable to think of the work they had to go through just to build these homes. To top it all off I find it hard to believe how hard it would have been to climb in and out of there. I am glad I had nice paths and steps.

I am not sure how much young kids enjoy it. I overheard a kid say something about "another pile of rocks." Another kids said he wished we didn't have to wait for the ranger because he could be through there in 10 minutes. I really had to laugh at the last comment I overheard. A boy was trying to hurry his dad up. His dad wanted to look at some painting inside one of the towers that have been there sense 1200AD. He said, "It's not all that great Dad. It is just some red, white and black on the wall." I thought, "Yea who cares that it has been there for 800 years."

We did not make it back to Cortez early enough to find out what our car needed to have done to it. We will find out tomorrow. We extended our car rental for another day.

Right now Dad and I are headed out for dinner.

Perhaps tomorrow we will go to four corners.

No comments: