I think the best part of today was the fact that I felt good. The Lord was very good to me today. After being so dead-headed for two days I thought I would not feel on top of my game. It was a good day!
Then I got the cutest snowman cookie from my grandson Ben. It was his 10th birthday today and he took cookies to school for his class. For some reason I can't get my iPad to let me post a picture of the cookies. But Julie posted pictures on Facebook. The cookies look like melted snowmen. The flavor was out of this world! Just to be able to enjoy the flavor of a cookie is a tender mercy.
D&C 46:15 And again, to some it is given by the Holy Ghost to know the differences of administration, as it will be pleasing unto the same Lord, according as the Lord will, suiting his mercies according to the conditions of the children of men.
Now I may not be reading this scripture like another person might, but here is what I am getting out of it. It pleases The Lord to give us his tender mercies. He knows how we are feeling. He knows what would help us. He may not give us what we want but he will give us mercies that we need. I can hardly wait for tomorrow's mercy! But for now it is time to read my scriptures! Wow, that is a tender mercy too. How thankful I am that I have scriptures and that I CAN read!



No comments:
Post a Comment