Friday, March 28, 2008

The Lord is still answering prayers in Myton

I keep thinking that I like knowing that my mother is praying for me and for my children and grandchildren. The reason I like knowing that she is praying for us is that I know the Lord hears and answers her prayers. She seems a little closer to the spirit than I ever am. Maybe it is the fact that she is older and is slowing down a bit. Perhaps she gives a little more thought to listening to the spirit. At any rate the Lord keeps answering her prayers. She says he hasn't answered all of them or at least He is saying no to some of her prayers. Those seem to be the prayers that deal with the free agency of another.

At any rate back to the answered prayer. Mom has been trying to move some irrigation pipe that waters her lawn closer to the sidewalk so that she doesn't have to water and tend flowers along the sidewalk. She digs a little each day to get rid of the dirt. This morning she prayed and asked Heavnly Father to send someone to help her. Not long after her prayer her home teachers, Keith and Linda Nielsen showed up. They realized what she was doing and Keith dug the dirt out and the three of them moved the pipe.

Did the Lord answer her prayer? Yes!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love Grandma so much. She is so sweet. She never wants to be a bother to anyone so instead of asking for help so waits for help to find her. She makes me laugh.