Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Lord knows us personally

Before I start, thanks Jana, I like the new look. Jana fixed up my blog page for me. Don't you love the look?

I wanted to share what happened last night. I had an experience that let me know again that the Lord knows each of us personally and that He loves us. He hears and answers our prayers.

My sister called me while I was still at work. She was concerned about Mom. It seems Sherril had been trying to get hold of Mother all day long and the phone kept ringing busy. She asked who would she talk to all day long. I called up to David and Carla's. Dallin answered the phone. I asked him to go over to Grandma's and see if the phone was off the hook. I knew if something were wrong someone would be calling all the family.

When I got ready to leave work I tried calling Mom again. The phone was still busy. I called home and told Joe that I was going to go up to Mom's and see if there was anything I could do. When I walked through the door, Mom said, "You are an answer to my prayers. I have been praying all day that someone would come and fix my phone." I thought, "Well the Lord sent the wrong person because I know nothing about phones."

I picked up Mom's main phone. It was full of static. I saw that it said something about 'extention use' so I figured that one of the extentions was off the hook. I went to check them but they seemed ok except the wireless handset seemed to have a dead battery. I had no clue what to do. I told her I would call the phone company and perhaps they would know what to do. I went around and looked at the extentions one more time. As I came to the wireless handset the thought came to mind to unplug it. I did. There was a beep from the main phone. I went back, picked up the phone and found it working.

Now when I said that I was the wrong person to send because I knew nothing about phones, I had forgotten that the Lord knew everything about phones. He knew what I needed to do to fix that phone. He knew that there was a little 91 year old mother and grandmother in a forgotten area of the state of Utah that needed help and He sent me. He knows who we are and what we need. He loves us enough to send someone who knows nothing to help another. I am so grateful that I was able to listen and hear what needed to be done.

I may never be as Joseph Smith and see God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ in vision, but I have had revelation from that quiet, still small voice. May I always be willing to listen and obey.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

That is so wonderful. I love you mom.

The Perkins Family said...

I have had similar experiances where I had no clue what to do, but the thoughts came to me anyway and the problem was solved. The Lord does know all and uses anyone willing to listen to his promptings. Thanks for the testimony.