Sunday, March 23, 2008

Stake Conference

I have been trying to write about stake conference for a couple of weeks. We had such a wonderful meeting and I have been having a hard time just trying to tell about it. There was such a great spirit there.

Then I was reading in 2 Nephi 33: 1. "And now I, Nephi, cannot write all the things which were taught among my people; neither am I mighty in writing, like unto speaking; for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the poser of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men."

In the past I have looked at that scripture and thought wow he must have been a great speaker because I love his writings. This time I saw the scripture in a little different light. It is very hard to convey a spiritual experence. How do you use words to tell of the power you felt deep within your heart? I can tell you what was said but I cannot tell you how it made me want to be better. I can only say that I know I want to be a better wife, mother, grandmother, and teacher.

I look forward to general conference.

No comments: