This is a rather strange tender mercy. Nativity sets and cub scout tie slides seem to be an obsession with me. Somehow I can't seem to get enough of them.
Yesterday Joe gave me a fence to put around a nativity set that I had made last year. I called it a Red Neck Nativity. It was farm animals. Actually I had made two. One had cows as the holy family, the other had horses as the holy family. Then each had farm animals as the shepherds and the wise men. However, I had made the sets for my Family Reunion. I had given them away. Crazy, huh! I had always felt a little sad that I didn't have one of the sets.
Joe pulled out the IFA adds and there were the farm animals at 20% off. So he told me to go get some of the farm animals for a nativity. I am now the owner of a Red Neck Nativity... with a fence.
The tender mercy? I have a husband that puts up with my obsessions. He is a very good man. I love him.
4 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment