Friday, December 14, 2012

Tender Mercy Dec. 15, 2012

How hard could one day be?  How do you find a tender mercy when so may innocent lives are lost and so many families are suffering?  When I first heard about the tragedy in Connecticut, I was numb.  I watched my students and wondered how anything so evil could be going on in the world.  I could not believe how anyone could do such a thing to children.  Even after coming home and watching the news it seemed so unreal.  My heart is broken.

However, even in tragedy I have found a tender mercy.  This night my students were able to return to their homes save and sound.  They can be hugged by their parents.  They are safe in their own homes and in their own beds.

This night I love my own children and grand children more deeply.  I know that my grandchildren are  at home with their parents.  They are being loved, hugged, and comforted.  I love you!


No comments: