Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tender Mercy 12

So today in church I was reminded that Tender Mercies can come in the form of Fiery Trials.  A new family spoke in church.  Three years ago the Father's kidneys failed and he had to have a transplant.  Then this last summer he started to go through rejection.  His kidney function went to 0% but with medication he is now up to 36%.  The trials they have had have been great but the lessons they have learned as they have gotten to know their Heavenly Father have been greater.

Ether 12:6 says:
And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.

In General Conference, Elder Neil L Andersen asked, "How do you remain 'steadfast and immovable' during a trial of faith?  You immerse yourself in the very things that helped build your core of faith; you exercise faith in Christ, you pray, you ponder the scriptures, you repent, you keep the commandments, and you serve others."

As I look back on my life I know that it was during my trials that I have grown the most.  My tender mercy is that trials do bring us closer to out father in heaven if we allow them to.

No comments: