I have been posting from my iPad and for the last few days it would not let me post so I finally broke down and had to fire up the computer.
So, my tender mercy started on Sunday. Our new Relief Society president told a story about Julie B Beck (at least that's who I think the story was about.) It seems Sister Beck was living by her mother. They did a lot of things together and Sister Beck loved being near her mom. Then her mother moved. As she was preparing to move Sister Beck was kind of crying and wondering what she would do without her mother near. Sister Beck's mother told her that if she were to move so far away that they could not visit, or something should happen that they could never see each other again that Sister Beck would be alright because Relief Society would be her mother. For some reason that brought peace to my mind. It felt so comforting. I had asked a dear friend, "When do you stop missing your mother?" Her answer, "Never." I might not have a mother here to go to when I need advice or just comfort but I do have the sisters in Relief Society.
I am also very lucky to have my sister Sherril near by. I love being able to talk to her whenever I need. I think I was 5 when Sherril got married. Shortly after Brent was born they moved to Washington. I missed her greatly. I always thought of her as my protector. I am glad we are close now.
Then tonight as I was preparing for this blog I read a post by my niece, Marilyn. She had posted a video that had several pictures of my mother in it. Part of the background music was one of my favorites, "The Prayer" by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli. It felt so right to hear that music and see the pictures of my Mom. I always felt that if Mom were praying for you then you were in good hands. Thanks to Marilyn I had a touch of my Mom again tonight. (And a good cry.)
"We ask that life be kind, and watch us from above
We hope each soul will find another soul to love
Let this be our prayer, just like every child
Who needs to find a place, guide us with your grace
give us faith so we'll be safe."
(The Prayer)
4 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment