Today I am grateful for water. Yesterday the city had a break in their water line and had to shut off the water. They called the school at about 8:30 and said they would be turning the water off for about 2 hours. We took all the kids to the bathroom and had them get drinks. Two hours without water is not too bad. However when it was 11:30 and time for lunch we still had no water. Our principal had brought water in 5 gal. containers. He had a table set up outside and when it was time to wash hands for lunch we went out, put dish soap on the kids hands and had them wash under the spigot from the cooler. Do you know that it doesn't take much dish soap to make a LOT of suds and it takes a LOT of water to wash it off? I was only putting one drop of soap on the kids hands and it was terrible to get all the suds off. Luckily for me we started washing hands early. 12:00--No water. 1:00 kids were getting thirsty. No water. So the kitchen brought out their water they use for lunch and gave each child a bottle of water. 2:00--time to go home. No water. I really don't know what time the water came back on. Joe and I went to the temple after I got out of school and it was on when we got back home. I must say our city has a long 2 hours! Today I am enjoying doing dishes, taking a shower, and washing clothes. Just seeing the water in the sink as I wash my hands brings a special joy to me. For my food supply I think I will work on my supply of water. We do have some but it would not last long. Water--beautiful cool clear water!
4 months ago



2 comments:
Water is so nice and clean. I love to drink it. I have problems when it comes to convincing Les that he should drink it more rather than the pop he prefers.
This isn't about the water but I was reading your blog and Micalyn walked in and saw the calendar with the flowers on your blog and she put her hands up to her face, drew in a breath (Gasp) and said oh what a beautiful flower. She is such a girl! I love her
Post a Comment