Sunday, November 2, 2008

November--The Month of Gratitude

My niece Marilyn says for the past couple of years she has posted daily gratitudes during the month of November.  I like her idea, so I am grateful to 'steal' it from her.  I am wondering if there will be enough days in November to tell all of the things I am grateful for.


My first gratitude is my grandchildren.  However, I want to post them one at a time.  I am going to try to go from oldest to youngest.  (Hope my memory holds out that long.)  

I am grateful for Jalynn.  She is our first grandchild.  She is the one that taught me what a joy it is to be a grandmother.  I remember holding her for the first time and feeling the love that flowed into my heart.  Until that moment I had no clue that I would love my grandchildren just as much as I have loved my children.  

Jalynn, you are an eternal part of me.  Thank you for teaching me how wonderful it is to be a grandmother!  I love you.

3 comments:

Mar~ said...

I am so excited that you too are going to post your gratitiudes!

Thank you for visiting my blog, you are such a wonderful woman (and Aunt)I feel privileged to belong to such a great and wonderful family.

Whenever I come to your blog, I feel inspired.

You are so hip and cool to have a blog!

I feel closer to you already just because I have the opportunity to see glimpses of your life and what is important to you.

Your granddaughter is a doll also. Thanks for posting your gratitiudes!

Jen said...

This is really nice, Mom. Can't wait to see the other 29 things you are greatful for.

Melanie said...

Until I had one of my own I always thought of Jalynn as mine. She was really the first baby I'd had much opportunity to be around. I loved every minute of it.