Monday, November 10, 2008

Gratitude # 10

Emily is our 10th Grandchild.  Her daddy was in Texas preparing to go to Iraq when she was born.  He was given a very short leave to come home, see his new little girl, and give her a name and a blessing.  It was a tender time.  For the first year of her life her daddy was mostly a voice on a phone or a picture in a frame.  


When Bryan first came home Emily didn't want to have anything to do with him.  Now she doesn't want to let him out of her sight.  One time this summer we were camping in the mountains.  Bryan had to go to work and as he started to drive away, Emily started running down the road crying for him to come back.  Emily has her daddy wrapped around her little finger.  Well maybe he is not the only one wrapped around her finger.  Oh Emily Sue, I do love you.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Emily is so cute. I love those huge eyes of hers.

Jen said...

I love to see Emily with her Dad.