Saturday, November 29, 2008

Gratitude # 28

When we learned that all of our children were going to be in the area for Thanksgiving, I thought it would be enjoyable to babysit the grand kids while the kids went to the temple.  The kids, on the other hand, thought it would be nice if we all went to the temple together.  I only had to find baby sitters for two of the out-of-town families.  Aunt Barbara took one family and a family in our ward took the other family.  We had to go to the 6:30 session so that those who worked would have time to get home and get ready for the temple.  I invited Grandma Richens to go with us.  We had family names that my sister Sherril had researched.  Mom said something very interesting when I handed her a name.  She said, "I have waited all my life to do her name." 


I caught a glimpse of Heaven as I was setting in the chapel with Mom on one side, Joe on the other side of me, 9 family members in front of me, and 2 family members headed to do baptisms.  All of my children and their spouses were in the temple at that time.

My second glimpse of Heaven came when we stood in the prayer circle together.  The best glimpse of Heaven came in the celestial room.  There were 14 of us in that holy place.  I wondered if Dad had come to be with us too.  It felt so calm and peaceful.  I am sure there were unseen family members there as well.  What a peaceful, sacred, holy night.  What a wonderful way to end our Thanksgiving holiday and begin our Christmas holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas everyone! :-)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I really enjoyed seeing everyone there. I can't wait to do it again.