Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gratitude # 25

Today I am grateful for second graders.  I went shopping after school today.  As I was walking through the store I heard a little voice from across the store, "Hi, Teacher.  Mom there is my teacher."  Then she came running across the store and gave me a hug.  She turned to go with her mom and as she reached the end of the aisle she turned and called "I'll see you on Monday."  I could shop with a smile just thinking about a sweet little girl that thinks I am someone special.


My kids were so good today.  Usually when you have a party the kids are higher than kites.  It seems like anything that knocks them off their schedule stirs them up. But my class had two days out of our routine.  Yesterday, Title I had a reading activity for the school.  First we had an activity in our classrooms for 45 min.  My class put on a readers theater called "A Turkey for Thanksgiving" for their parents.  Then we had 4 different people tell us stories.  One of our story tellers was Grandma Richens.  Can you believe it?  92 years old and still able to tell stories.   Today we had our Thanksgiving feast with the other 2nd grade.  We roll paper down the hall for our 'table' and sit along the paper to eat our jerky, popcorn, seeds, cheese, apple juice, and sweet bread.  I have to admit that I was worn out and happy to think that I do not have to go to school tomorrow.  But the kids really were good.  So I am grateful for second graders.

No comments: