Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gratitude # 22

David is such a wonderful gratitude.  He is a joy to have around.  I was so excited when David got his mission call.  The first thing I wanted to do was go pick him up from his mission.  We started saving right then.  We had such an enjoyable time for the week we spent in Australia with David at the end of his mission.  Now I wish we had stayed for two weeks.


David has been such a good help around the house.  He finished digging the trenches for our sprinkler system.  A big thanks to all the others who have spent time digging those trenches.  It has been no small feat considering the fact that you have to dig cobble rock the size of a basketball out of the ground.  He has put the pipe for my sprinkler system into the ground.  Covered most of the pipe and is now sifting the rock out of the dirt so that dirt can be put back into the ground.  It has been a lot of work and I am grateful that David has been willing to do it.

Another fun thing about living with David has been listening to him talk about his mission.  When you ask David to tell you about his mission it is like he just can't think of which one thing you might like to hear about.  But with David in the house I learn some of the most interesting things.  We will be having FHE and all of a sudden David will have a story that goes along with the lesson.  During scripture study, David will have a story about Australia that goes along the a scripture that we are reading.  I find great joy in having David in the house.  Thanks David for sharing your life with us.  I love you David.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Love ya Dave! Remember what I taught you. When people ask you a question don't go for the one word answer. We need details. If I have to I'll come and keep you talking like I did everytime I came home from college.

Jen said...

We love David the man of very few words and one day his wife will either love it or it will drive her crazy.