Do you know how hard it is to find a picture of just the Mom of a family? We always take pictures of the kids or groups. And most of the time the Mom is taking the pictures. Well here is to you Carolyn!
Carolyn learned early on in life that if she did not tell me what was going on in her life someone else would. Her friends would beat a path to my classroom door to let me know everything that Carolyn had done. Poor girl had no privacy. It is a good thing that things rolls off her like water off a duck's back.
A story about Carolyn that is funny now. Carolyn was about 4 years old. We had gone to the grocery store on a Friday evening. We checked out and got into the truck to head for home. As we got to the other side of Roosevelt I realized that Carolyn was NOT in the truck. We turned around and headed back to the store. We broke every speed limit on the way through town. I was praying that a cop would not stop us. I kept having this vision of Carolyn running out of the store and chasing us down the street. It was not a good vision because it was Friday night and all the high school kids were out dragging main. As we pulled up to the grocery store we could see Carolyn, arms folded, foot tapping, standing between two checkers at the front of the store. You have no idea how relieved we felt to see her there. As I ran through the doors, Carolyn's first comment to me was, "Mommy, you left me!" It seems that Carolyn wanted a piece of candy from the candy bin so she had gone to get some while we checked out. Unfortunately, we left the store before she got back.
Well Carolyn I sure do love you. I am glad you grew up to be such a wonderful adult. With me leaving you in the store I am just glad you were here to grow up.



4 comments:
That is an awful picture, there is a reason I am always taking the picture but never in it. Thanks Mom, it is nice to know you are greatful for me. It makes me want to sit close to your side, put one leg across your lap, rub your arm and sing weird songs to you! I know how much you love it...
I actually did think of that when I was writing about you. You make me laugh. Thank you
Thanks for putting up with me in high school Carolyn. I know you didn't enjoy it anywhere as much as I did. It helped me learn and grow.
I like that pic, you look crisp! I lovethat you always try to visit even though you don't live here.
Post a Comment