Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gratitude # 23


My Mom is gratitude #23.  I have the privilege of having my Mom as my visiting teaching companion.  While Mom does drive a little it is better that she not drive too much.  She felt funny asking her companion to do all the driving.  With me as her companion it makes it a little different.  It is a privilege for me to drive her around.  I learn so much from my mother.


I remember several years ago Mom was the Gospel Doctrine teacher in Sunday School.  We were studying the Old Testament.  We would talk to each other on the phone and the subject of her next lesson would often come up.  I decided that I didn't want to sound like a dummy so I had to study extra hard to keep up with her.  In my eyes she has always been a great teacher.

Mom is her own worst critic.  (Aren't we all.)  She worries about how she raised her children.  (We are all active in the church.  That is not so bad.)  She feels she was too hard on us.  (Maybe that is why we are all active in the church.)  Now while she is right, she is not perfect, that is one of the things that is a help to me.  I know she is trying to do what is right.  I know she is trying to control herself.  I always think, "If Mom can do it so can I."

Mom and Dad went on two missions.  They served in the temple.  They were a good example to me and to my children.  I always knew that they loved me.  What more could I ask for.  I love you Mom.

3 comments:

Jen said...

We all love Grandma and love to hear her stories. They always teach a lesson.

Mar~ said...

Grandma is one of the most wonderful women on the planet!

We are so blessed to have her with us still.

I love Grandma!

Melanie said...

I love Grandma so much. Her strength has inspired me many times. I strive to be more like her. Like you have mom.