Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gratitude # 19

Daniel, whenever I think about Daniel I think of how quiet and serious he always seemed to be.  He always seemed to be standing back watching what was going on, wishing he were in the middle of it, but not quite sure if that was really what he wanted.  I just realized that is how I see Kolby too.   


Daniel was the one who hated the phone.  He could be standing right by it when it rang and say, "The phone is ringing." Or because he had a little girl that liked him and would call, he would hear the phone and start running as hard as he could.  He would not talk to her on the phone.  She was the same girl that cut his hair in Kindergarten.  Maybe he didn't want another one of her hair cuts.  She cut 4 boys' hair that day and she didn't get any better with practice.  

Daniel is the child that taught me that just because a child is quiet it doesn't mean that they don't have any wants, fears, or concerns.  He felt a little picked on because his sisters would get to do things and he would not get to do those things he wanted.  What he didn't realize is that he never asked or perhaps he was not as persistent as his sisters when it was time to ask.  The squeaky wheel seemed to get the grease and he was not the squeaky wheel.  Well squeaky or not I love you Daniel.  Always have, always will.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I am grateful that we live so close together so that I could get to know you again. I hope that we can stay in touch when we go our seperate ways. I told Jana a while ago that I don't know what I'll do when I have to introduce myself to a new ward. Thanks for making the last two ward changes easier.

Jen said...

I was jelous of Dan because he was always getting new clothes. I realize now that it was because he grew like a horse and wore holes in everything.